Market Basket - Food spoiled

400 Lowell Ave, Haverhill, MA 01832, USA 0 comments
2.0

I Bought a jar of Pickles opened and sliced one into two and tasted it , it was water logged and soggy with Pickle Juice! not crisp and fresh as cold Dill Pickles should be.

I think there's an ongoing problem with not only pickles but other food items at Market Basket. I think the issue lies in stamping later expiration or freshness dates on Food items! meaning the food item loses freshness days or even weeks before! this happened also with fruit I've bought at MB, it was so hard and stale I almost threw it up!.

the quality of food and freshness at Market Basket has deteriorated. I'm very dissatisfied with their quality.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Market Basket - Product dissatisfaction

3.5
Layout of Store

Fill the container and charge what you have to, or make the containers smaller and save plastic....

Market Basket - Short changed

Well last week I was short changed my @change”- ok! It was only 30 or 30 cent s no biggie/this week -what no snickers!

Huh?!? MB up now over a $1.00 -that could add up to a pretty nice sum if it happens to all of us!$$$$

Pissed customer to your market basket hudson deli department

8 Highland Common E, Hudson, MA 01749, USA 0 comments
2.6
Layout of Store

I was in your store today 9.15.18. My daughter nad my husband buying potato wedge and i came to ask the guy there if he can mix the wedge with sweet potato.

The guy who serve to my husband never answer me. Instead he look at me sooo bad. I guess he doesnt like my request. He dont know i guess the word customer service as he dont know how to act what is the meaning of customer service.

He dont know how to smile.

Verry rude guy. My family and I always buying grocery at your store, your employee pushing us away to find and go with another store.

Market Basket - Lost $60 + grocery order to cheap thin plastic bags....!! SPLAT!!

1.2
Layout of Store

Over $60 worth of groceries this week were ruined because EVERY. SINGLE.

PLASTIC. BAG. ripped either when unloading from my cart to my car, or from my car to my home from your store in Westford, MA! Tomato sauce all over my driveway.

Meat, produce and fruit in the parking lot. My order contained 7 bags total. During checkout the bagger found 3 ripped bags from his dispenser, and disposed of those. He used bags that were not damaged to pack my order.

He did a good job packing, he did not overload any of my bags. The plastic bags used today seem much thinner that usual: each ripped along the seam. This change to cheaper, thinner plastic bags should either be disclosed to customers so they can double bag their own groceries, request paper, or you should be training your staff to put only 2 or 3 items into each bag. I for one, will never shop at Market Basket again.

Purchasing produce that needs to be used within a day before it rots, meat that doesn't last until the date stamped....yup, I have learned about this caveat when shopping at your store and now work around them, but this.....losing over $60....This is unacceptable.

Almost forgot to mention: The 2 rolls of toilet paper I bought, that fell out of one of my bags when Angry it ripped as I was moving it from the cart to the car, they rolled into a puddle and under a large car where they could not be reached. Angry

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Low pricing for some items.

Market Basket - Lady name Daisy by bakery dept. was rude no manner and bad attitude

170 Everett Ave, Chelsea, MA 02150, USA 0 comments
3.4
Layout of Store

I stopped very earlier this morning to pick up a few items. By the bread section I look at the small loaf french bread I wants the fresh and crispy not from the night before.

The nasty lady name Daisy look at me and said very rude don't tossed the bread, i told her I'm looking for a fresh bread and she walked away I follow her and I ask her what is your name she respond Daisy you can complains if you like. I hope the manager should train the sale persons to be polite to the customers and suppose to help for a better service. The way out I stopped at the customers service and I told one of the lady to mention to Daisy manager and I hope she will.

Many time I shop at the Market almost 25 years in Chelsea, this the 3rd times I am very angry to the sale person at the Bakery.

Another time was the rude cashiers never look you to say hello or say good morning, it is very sad for this bad behave sale persons. I hope they will have a better training...

Market Basket - Very rude customer service!!!!

2.8
Layout of Store

When they just open in Brockton. MA it was fun to shop I enjoy going twice a week to get my groceries.

Now the store has very poor customer service cashier and sale associates are soo rude! Will never shop or my friends and Family there again.

Market Basket - Very poor customer service

167 S Broadway, Salem, NH 03079, USA 1 comment
3.3
Layout of Store

I don't usually complain but I am still really PO'd at the service from the meat department tonight. Your MB thin cut chicken breasts were on sale for 2.99 a pound.

The sale price was posted on a sign, however none of the product was marked. They were all marked at 3.69 per pound. There was a young man very busily rearranging the chicken and I asked him about it. He immediately looked annoyed, glanced at the sale sign and said "the sale started today so it's not marked yet." I started to ask if he would mark it and he walked away while I was talking.

Wow. I put the product back. Then when I was checking out, there were two young men at the register - one was running the register, the other bagging. They were discussing their pay the whole time they were checking me out.

Then the one at the register read his text messages while the other continued to bag very slowly, instead of helping so i could get out of there faster. What is up with the customer service lately?

These kids need to be trained properly, or maybe management needs to be trained first!! I think I'll go back to Hannaford and Shaws.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Prices.

I didn't like: Customer service not honoring a sale price.

Comments

Vote with your wallet ; go somewhere else. If somewhere else doesn't drop everything when you approach, try another. It's a big world.

Market Basket No Longer A Monopoly In Moss Bluff

Well You Know, I realize that most of these reviews are for the Market Basket Stores in the Northeast but there are also Market Basket Stores in Southeast Texas and Southwest, Louisiana. Well, the Market Basket store i am reviewing here is the one in Moss Bluff, Louisiana.

For many years, this particular Market Basket had a monopoly on being the only Grocery store in town. They were always jam packed full and they certainly did the business. But in 2014, they put in a brand new Wal-Mart Community Grocery store right across the street from it, and now much of the business that Market Basket was getting is now going to Wal-Mart. I am not praticulary fond of this Market Basket because there is always an icky smell in the air of unwashed bodies.

It seems that they don't run their air conditioning like they should be doing to clear out the air. Almost everything at this store costs more than Wal-Mart, so many people just go to Wal-Mart. Others, by principle of being against Wal-Mart, refuse to go shopping anywhere but Market Basket. I feel very sorry for Market Basket, because they have lost many thousands of dollars in business to Wal-Mart.

When they were a monopoly, their was quick turnover of merchandise on the shelves. but now, often you will find that there is stuff nearing it's expiration date because they aren't selling anywhere near as much as they used to. But I hate going to Market Basket because there is always the smell of unwashed bodies lingering in the air.

hey, if these dummies that stink would just go do their shopping at Wal-Mart, they would save enough money to buy soap and deodorant and laundry detergent, etc. It makes you think that they must be pretty dense.

Reason of review: that market basket is no longer a monopoly in town.

I liked: That wal-mart community grocery built store next door to them.

I didn't like: When market basket had a monopoly.

Market Basket - Very rude sushi counter employees-Store #71

I’ve been going to the Bedford NH location since it opened and supported the employees during their strike. At the beginning the Sushi counter employees were very friendly and accommodating, but that lasted less than 6 months.

Since that day they’ve been rude, but today is the last time I shop at the Bedford NH location or any location for that matter. It was around 11:15 am and I went to the Sushi counter to see if they had a certain sushi that my husband likes. I asked the man behind the counter if there was anymore sushi in the back as he was preparing the day’s sushi. He never looked up from what he was doing and he never acknowledged me.

At that time the girl that works there came from out back. I let her get to the front where she loads the day’s sushi and I say hi to her. Just like the man behind the counter, she said absolutely nothing, never even acknowledged me. I asked the girl at the register if she has ever had anyone tell her the people at the Sushi department are rude, and her answer was “yes” and she’d let someone know of my experience.

When I got home and told my husband what happened, he called and spoke to the store manager who said “I’ve never received a complaint about that department before”. Well he certainly has now. Let’s see if anything changes. I doubt it though, as I know I’m not the only one who has experienced this.

These people are not employees of Market Basket, but work for a vendor. Again, I don’t believe anything will change except for the fact that they’ve lost another customer.